It’s been a glorious day today. The bright blue skies and warm sunshine have seemed more summer-like than autumnal; we seem to be experiencing a touch of an Indian summer. But the pumpkin from the farm shop brought me back to the season, and indeed the month, we’re in. I roasted it with another autumn vegetable, sweet potato, and topped it with feta cheese. We ate this as a side dish with a rack of lamb, but it would be just as nice on its own.
Roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato with Feta Cheese
1/2 medium sized pumpkin
1 sweet potato
100g feta cheese
Salt and black pepper
1. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into chunks or cubes.
2. Scoop out the seeds and soft fibres in the middle of the pumpkin half, peel it and cut it into chunks or cubes roughly the same size as the sweet potato.
3. Put the vegetables into a roasting tray and drizzle over some olive oil, then sprinkle over black pepper and sea salt.
4. Roast in the oven at 200c for 45 minutes, turning half way through.
5. Crumble over the cheese and serve.
Serves 4 as a side dish
I was just looking at pumpkins today, didn't buy one this week, but definitely plannning on doing so soon.