In the Bag: Cooking the Month of SeptemberSeptember 23rd, 2010
The bag is back!
For those of you new to this, the idea is that we choose 3 seasonal ingredients each month for you to use to create a dish with and blog about it. If you haven’t got a blog you can use your own website or just Twitter about your dish, using the tag #InTheBagSeasonalFood.
September is a great month to be in the kitchen; as we move into autumn we have so much choice. For this month’s bag we’ve chosen:
You can add any ingredients to these in order to come up with a dish. Have fun!
Make a dish using the ingredients and blog about it then send an email with ‘In the Bag in the subject line to asliceofcherrypie AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk by Thursday 14th October with the following information:
– your name
– a link to your post
– a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer.
2. Participants can include any extra ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Particpants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
For more food blogging events visit The Food Diary.