If you haven’t yet checked out the round-up of September’s entries pop over to Real Epicurean to take a look.
This month we’re getting spooky for Halloween and we’ve filled the bag with pumpkins. We want you to come up with a spooky dish made with pumpkin and, if you’re feeling really creative, carve it too once you’ve used the flesh. Or you could skip the dish and just carve a pumpkin. I can’t wait to see the spooky gallery!
Make a dish using the ingredients and/or carve a pumpkin, and blog about it then send an email with ‘In the Bag in the subject line to asliceofcherrypie AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk by Sunday 9th November with the following information:
a link to your post
the name of your dish
a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer. The dish should be based around the seasonal ingredient, with it acting as a central ingredient.
2. Participants can include any “extra” ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Particpants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
‘In The Bag’ is a food event run monthly by ‘A Slice of Cherry Pie’ and ‘Real Epicurean’.