In the Bag: Cooking the Month of MarchMarch 15th, 2009
One of my favourite vegetables, the leek, is in season right now. It’s sweet, flavoursome and very versatile, so I wanted to celebrate it this month. Scott and I have also put some eggs and cheese in the bag so I’m sure you’ll have plenty of ideas for dishes.
In the bag:
And don’t forget to check out February’s round-up over at Real Epicurean.
Make a dish using the ingredients and blog about it then send an email with ‘In the Bag in the subject line to asliceofcherrypie AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk by Sunday 5th April with the following information:
a link to your post
a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer.
2. Participants can include any extra ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Particpants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
‘In The Bag’ is a food event run monthly by ‘A Slice of Cherry Pie’ and ‘Real Epicurean’.