Did you see the round up over at Real Epicurean of March’s ‘In the Bag’ entries? There were some fabulous dishes made with one of my favourite vegetables, purple sprouting broccoli. It’s still in the peak of its season, so why not grab some and head over to the round-up for some inspiration?
We’ve got a nice early start for this month’s bag, and it’s full of seasonal produce I just know you’re going to love. Take a look:
Jersey Royal Potatoes
I’m already thinking of the possibilites. Now that the clocks have changed and the weather’s getting brighter these fresh ingredients will marry together perfectly for spring.
As usual, to enter you just need to create a dish using these ingredients, then post about it on your blog or website and drop me an email. Enjoy!
Send an email with ‘In the Bag in the subject line to asliceofcherrypie AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk by Wednesday 30th April with the following information:
a link to your post
the name of your dish
a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer. The dish should be based around the seasonal ingredient, with it acting as a central ingredient.
2. Participants can include any “extra” ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Particpants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
‘In The Bag’ is a food event run monthly by ‘A Slice of Cherry Pie’ and ‘Real Epicurean’.