Chicken and Chorizo PastaSeptember 25th, 2007
This pasta dish was just what we needed tonight to fill us up and warm us through.
2 chicken breasts sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 uncooked chorizo sausage cut into rounds about half inch thick
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 glass of red wine
Pasta of your choice
1. Cook enough pasta for 4 people in salted water and set aside.
2. Fry the chicken in olive oil until just cooked through and remove from the pan. Repeat with the chorizo sausage.
3. Fry the onion in the oil left from the chorizo for a few minutes until it starts to soften, removing any excess oil.
4. Add the pepper and fry for another couple of minutes, then turn up the heat and add the red wine. Allow to sizzle and reduce, then add the tomatoes and simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces.
5. Put the chicken and chorizo back into the pan along with the cooked pasta. Stir everything well and allow to heat through, then season to taste and serve.