2 garlic cloves
A glass (about 300ml) of white wine
4 heaped tablespoons of crème fraîche
Enough linguini for two people
12-16 asparagus spears (depending on thickness)
1. Simmer the linguini in boiling salted water
2. While the linguini is cooking finely chop the shallots and crush the garlic and fry them in a knob of butter for a few minutes
3. Add the white wine and allow to sizzle so that the alcohol burns off
4. Stir in the crème fraîche and simmer until it thickens and reduces by about half
5. Snap the woody ends off of the asparagus and slice each spear into bite sized pieces. Add the asparagus to the sauce, put on a lid and cook for just a couple of minutes until the asparagus is cooked
6. Once the linguini is cooked drain it and stir it into the sauce. Season to taste.
Looks damn tasty. Gonna try it tonight.