Here are 5 things you probably don’t know about me:
1. I love music and have a fairly wide taste but I’m a rock chick at heart. I particularly love Bon Jovi, who I’ve seen several times live.
2. I was an extra in the film ‘BackBeat’, about the fifth Beetle, Stuart Sutcliffe, when I was a teenager with dreams of the stage. You could just see my arm for a second in a crowd scene. I knew it was my arm because of the brown stripy jumper I put on from the pile of sixties clothes we had to choose from. Hours and hours of waiting around from the crack of dawn for a one-second shot of my arm. God I was proud.
3. I have an irrational dislike of Bagpuss. That cat freaked me out when I was a child.
4. I have some Irish blood in me as my Mother is half-Irish.
5. I was stung on the tongue by a wasp when I was a child when I was messily eating an orange in my school playground. The juices were running down my hands and I remember seeing a piece of orange flesh on one of my fingers which I greedily popped into my mouth to lick clean. Except that it wasn’t a piece of orange flesh, it was a wasp. A bloody angry one at that. I’m too traumatised to dwell on the memory any longer except to say that, apart from blinding tears and pain I can still recall, I was perfectly fine and survived the encounter with no allergic reaction or hospital visit, only a big fear of wasps. And oranges for a time too.
Ros from Living to Eat! tagged me for this – thanks Ros! Now I have to tag 5 bloggers, so I tag:
Cherry at Cherry’s English Kitchen
Freya at Writing At The Kitchen Table
Toni at Daily Bread Journal
August Girl at Rock Cakes
Keiko at Nordljus